She told me that the night before I left, she wouldn't be able to talk to me at all, because she had made plans, which is good and all. I don't expect her to wait around for me from where she was, just so she could keep me company over the phone on my last night. I don't want to ask for so much, because honestly, away from home, she has her own life, as I have mine. I will admit, I was a little bummed out. I was about to be half way around the world, and in the event anything were to happen, I wouldn't have had that last send off from her. I figure, she has her own things going on. I don't want to get in the way. And this is what I mean. I normally could have cared less, but because it was her, it mattered. If I could steal her away from school, I would just to have her by my side all the time, every time. I guess it just sucked that she didn't feel the same way.
I spoke too soon though, because right when I was making final preparations to leave for the airport, she arrives in the doorway calling my name. It was only 5 minutes, but it just showed how much I did matter for her to travel all the way down here to say goodbye. 5 minutes of embracing, kissing, smiling, and story telling of the events that transpired to that moment. Unfortunately, I couldn't prolong it. I had to go, but I thought about that and her for most of that plane ride. Listening to those songs on my iPhone that reminded me of her, sad and happy at the same time, but feeling like I wasn't whole, and that I had left something behind. These are the feelings that were a gift from Marley. That have changed me, because as many people know, I tend to be pretty emotionless. She's opened up a new world for me, which is the entire reason I had to take a chance on her from the beginning. I knew she was different. I knew she was perfect. Everyday I have with her is more evidence to support that belief.
By the way, it's 4:57AM and I have work in a few hours. Jet lag is still kicking my ass, so instead of trying to sleep and potentially snoozing my alarm clock until I miss all my meetings at work in the morning, decided to get on the treadmill, get my run done, and get into work early. However, just thought I would write this blurb to show her that I care about her as well. Happy Valentine's Day babe.
I am really glad you came. =)

seriously.. i'm living vicariously through you two love birds. <3
ReplyDelete