deliciously happy and deliriously in loveHi! I'm Marley, Hubby is the 'Me', and this is a little personal love blog about us.
Hope you enjoy the ride.
Our Wedding: Photobooth Props DIY
This is something I really wanted to post about because EVERYONE loves the photobooth! Renting photobooths can be pricey but there are so many alternatives to the regular booth box. It can be as simple as using bed sheets as a backdrop or leftover tinsel from the holidays or even streamers.
For more fun, you can add props!
We made some superhero masks because the hubby LOVES Marvel.
To add a girly touch I made Hello Kitty bows, lips, and mustaches.
Making your own props saves money from renting/buying them and it was convenient for us because we were able to personalized it into our 'Superhero theme'.
This project was about 2 days worth of time but all you need is:
Foam Sheets 6x9 (we bought a pack of various colors) 2.99
Wood Dowels (15pc/pack) ~$2-3
Dry Eraser 2 Sheets 5.99 for speech bubbles
Exacto Knife
Hot glue gun + glue sticks
Total spent: ~$10.00
Tips:
1. I found shapes of masks online so I was able to use it as a frame for making sure I cut out the placement of the eyes correctly (I always mess up on that part! Links below).
2. To save time, print out the masks on regular paper using color ink and then paste it on the foam using it as support. (ex: Hello Kitty and Batman masks)
3. It can also be counted as a party favor because guests get to bring home a memento.
Photo booths can be incorporated into any event from birthdays to holiday parties to weddings. This is an interactive treat for ALL guests, young and old. I seriously cracked up when I saw photos of my grandma having a ball with the bright red boa and batman mask!
I love my guests. They were hilarious!
Here are the sites I used. Each have downloadable links to use as a template:
TiffanyKelley DIY Mustaches Photobooth Prop
First Palette Superhero Masks
Oh Happy Day Photobooth Props
Tip #5
If you wanted to use words as props instead of masks, another suggestion is to make speech bubbles so friends can write special messages or whatever to EXPRESS THEMSELVES!
And if you can read their bubbles...our friends expressed themselves VERY clearly!
P.S.
We ain't making babies anytime soon!!!
Looks like you were having so much fun!
ReplyDeleteLovel photos and atmosphere in them :)
xx
Photo booths are so fun! I like how you made your own props - that's what I'm hoping to do for our wedding! Great tips and super cute! Love your guests' photos!
ReplyDeletexoxo
I love your photo booth. The props are so adorable.
ReplyDeleteTracy
I've been thinking about getting some wedding photo booths for my guests. It looks like a lot of fun and a great way to preserve your memories. Would you recommend one or two booths for a large wedding?
ReplyDeleteHello! http://www.redeyebooths.com/ was the company we used and I thought it was affordable and they were very professional. Having looked thru the photos it was great seeing everyone have fun.
DeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteVery nice and fun loving photos!
Can you share the hello kitty bow template? I was looking for it.
My email: eileen8250@yahoo.com.
Thanks,
Eileen
Looking to start a photo booth business? Your City Photo Booth is your perfect opportunity to get into the portable photo booth business. Our staff is top notch and knows the ins and outs of the market.We can help you succeed. You do not just buy a photo booth from us.
ReplyDelete