deliciously happy and deliriously in love
Hi! I'm Marley, Hubby is the 'Me', and this is a little personal love blog about us.
Hope you enjoy the ride.

Monday, March 11, 2013

Our Wedding: Doilie Envelopes

Envelopes wasn't as bad as I thought. Yep- we made our own envelopes out of dollies. This is what happens when I start pinning! I was never really a lace lover but once he put a ring on it, I've been in love with lace! Since my wedding dress was super lacey I thought adding dollies to the invite could incorporate that.

This is the tutorial I used: DIY Paper Doily Envelopes

To add some support we bought wax paper (can be found at Michaels and CVS!) as an inner liner and spray painted it with purple that I had leftover from another project. We went Jackson Pollock on that!

Becky (MOH) made a cardboard cutout to construct the dollies into envelopes. You can either leave it alone so it opens completely but we sprayed it with adhesive spray (had no clue something like this existed- SUPER COOL!!!!) so it stays in envelope shape.


Since these were too fragile to mail out, we bought outer envelopes on Amazon. I think this is a great idea if you love lace and doilies. Spray painting can be messy but I really love how the color pops and each and everyone's envelopes are unique! All made with lots of love <3

Dollies 10inch: Bought on Ebay 500 sheets for $25.00
Purple Outer Envelopes 5 x7 (HERE): $3.65
Adhesive Spray (Target): ~$8.99


My husband still yells at me today when he finds itty bitty purple paint in the crevices of our kitchen floor. Hes OCD like that.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. super cool! love seeing how everything came together =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful invites! which seller did you buy your doily from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. To select wedding envelope is very difficult task and the post contain such a unique concept. Thanks for the sharing.

    Buy Wedding Envelope......

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow what a great job! they look lovely~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing the love!