After living with the Mister he throws away anything that isn't of use whereas I love to hold on -slash- HOARD memories. Which led to -> if you can have another use for it, you keep it around longer, and
TA DA
Our save the dates were very simple in terms of design but clear in terms of message: Here's our website and code for more information about our wedding. No invitation needed. RSVP Online!
Side note: We highly recommend Appycouple as a wedding website! It was very easy to use and a cool feature it offered was the downloadable app so all the information would be easy to get right off your phone as your driving to the event. (Get it? APP-y Couple!!!!)
***
1. We printed 9 magnets per 8 x 11 sheet and had to cut the sheet into thirds for easier cutting and less damage on your photo. (3 x 2.5 dimensions for 1 magnet)
2. Carefully place the photo on the adhesive and once it touches, it won't be able to get off. THIS ADHESIVE IS NO JOKE- IT WAS VERY STRONG!
3. I have read on other DIY sites to use an exacto knife but we found that really hard to cut through the photo AND thick magnet roll so we just used scissors and just tried to cut it as straight as possible using a ruler. I would also suggest buying a strong paper cutter because it is also useful for future projects AKA invitations!
4. ....and a mess later.... YOU'RE DONE!
Project costs: Magnetic Roll $9.99 ( with Coupon paid $4.99). I had supplies for everything else lying around the house so it didn't cost much at all.
TIPS:
For arts and crafts, use AC Moore and Michael's 50% coupon.
I highly recommend getting the Magnet roll from arts/crafts store! They are pretty strong and are still standing on my fridge after 6+ months. I have read up on issues with the Avery printable magnets sheets from printing problems to the magnet not sticking strong enough on the wall, etc.




.jpg)
Pretty cool guys
ReplyDelete