I love spontaneity! And it just gets easier if your job-less... like me! The BF's last day on his old job was last Tuesday and so after he came home he goes "Wanna go to the Cape?", my response "Why not?".
What I love more than being spontaneous is traveling. I went back to get further education so that I could earn more money doing what I love. And that money will definitely go towards traveling and other future goals.
The Cape is pretty darn big and each town has their own unique sites. We stayed mostly in the Hyannis area.
We got to enjoy some fun in the sun at Nauset Beach.
The sand/water/clouds were perfect. It was a great day to get your tan on. The beach doesn't get too crowded when your arriving at 10am but during the lunchtime hour, the beach was packed with people.
For lunch we went to Spanky's Clam Shack.
The outdoor patio faces the water and it could have been much better if there wasn't a boathouse blocking my view. We decided to order the New England Clam Chowder (YAY!), Crab Cake (meh) , and Fried Calamari (ok).
The Chowder is the best I have ever eaten. It was absolutely delicious!
Overall a good experience. The waitstaff was kind and the food came out fast. I would recommend coming here for the chowder and the view!
Afterwards we checked out the Cape Cod Potato Chip factory.
I am totally in love with the Salt and Pepper chips so I was super excited to see the factory especially because we were staying super close to here. But when we got inside I was a bit disappointed because it was just a hallway with information on the wall and a plexi glass where you can gaze inside the factory. Maybe I came at a bad time because there was barely any chips being made.
Overall had a nice time with my honey relaxing by the beach and hearing the waves.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for showing the love!